Bodegas El Paraguas "La Sombrilla" 2016Regular price $70.00
Founded officially in 2011, but by 4th generation grape-growers turned winemakers, right in the capital of DO Ribeiro. All family-owned vineyards, the majority of this blend is Trexidura (the remainder is Albariño) harvested much earlier than other areas at around 400 mt altitude on granite soils. Vinified and aged 60% in old, neutral French barrels on fine lees for around 8 months, the remaining 40% is in stainless steel. Tastes incredibly clean, refined, elegant. Almost Chablis-like, with pronounced minerality and length on the finish. Slightly racy lime zest complements the clearly Atlantic profile of wines from this region. Pair with grilled white fish, or a crab salad.